This past weekend I took up Neal and Anne on their offer to join them in Angola at their family’s lake house. It was kind of a mini-fencing reunion for me since I got to see him, Whitey, and Jess. Neal’s college friend, Tony (who has provided the photo), was also there. Everyone brought a wife/significant other except me, but despite that I still had a lot of fun.
I managed to avoid getting burned while still sleeping on the deck of a pontoon, water skiing, tubing, and playing excessive bocce ball. Things to note:
- You can stub your toe so bad that it bleeds for days.
- Corn does not like to remain in a bag, nor a series of bags. The floor is much more comfortable.
- Puppies do not always meet water with a sense of adventure.
- Not everyone waves back.
- There really is a Kwik-E-Mart.
- Monkey bread has the ability to escape. Do not give it the chance.
- Vodka + sugar + acidic fruit tastes just like what you’d think: Vodka + sugar + acidic fruit… go figure.